- Non-ozone depleting refrigerant, near-azeotropic blend.
- Well suited refrigerant for a variety of Medium and low-temperature refrigeration applications.
- Fluoro 404A has a very low temperature glide* (less than 1℃) which makes it often suitable for flooded evaporated technology.
MAIN PROPERTIES :
|Composition||R-143a (52%) R-125 (44%) R-134a (4%)|
|Type||HFC Near-azeotropic blend|
|ASHRAE safety classification||A1-non-toxic and non-flammable|
*GWP value for 100-Year time horizons according to IPCC 2007 Fourth Assessment Report.
MAIN APPLICATIONS :
- Food display and storage cases.
- Cold storage rooms.
- Ice machines.
- Food processing.
- Industrial refrigeration.
- Transport refrigeration (refrigerated containers,trucks,vessels).
Fluoro 404A requires a polyolester (POE) lubricant to ensure complete miscibility between oil and refrigerant. Miscibility is important for oil return to the compressor, especially in large systems with long runs of piping.
Due to the near-azeotropic nature of Fluoro 404A, it is better to charge it as liquid to prevent fractionation (changes in the designed refrigerant composition) but it can also be charged as gas. In situations where vapor would normally be charged into a system, a valve should be installed in the charging line to flash liquid from the cylinder into vapor.
Fluoro 404A can be delivered in various packaging:
- Bulk ISO container(18 tons) or ton-tank(740kg).
- Disposable cylinders 10.9 kg each (for exports only).
- Cylinders 45kg & 8kg.